Monday, March 1, 2010

No Energy

Share
Yesterday I decided for the millionth time, that I was going to get on track with exercising more.  I'd been feeling very sloppy and sluggish for weeks.  I realized that I needed to take alot better care of my body to be able to enjoy life with my children.

It was 5pm and I set out for a jog along the grass next to the highway.  It's a beautiful place to relax.  It was very encouraging to see so many people there.  Some walking, others running, then some jogging.  It felt great.  The last time I tried to exercise it felt  horrible and that was weeks ago!

Forty-five  minutes later I was home and exhausted.  Then my back started hurting alot.  I couldn't understand why.  Derek thought it was from running and I wondered  why.  He seemed to think it was because I was carrying so much extra weight that I wasn't used to carrying.  It made sense.  I am carrying 5 kilos more than my pre pregnant weight.  I normally do feel "out of my element" with any extra weight I have on.  I guess I just didn't notice it because I expected to put on weight with the pregnancy and all those hormones maybe eased the pain.

So let's see how long I can keep this up!  I plan to do it at least 3 times a weeks.  Maybe by the summer I'll be back to my old self, and have lots more energy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment